Choosing the right place for your group retreat is an important first step in retreat organisation. To make this as easy as possible for you, we’ve put together a carefully chosen selection of the most beautiful locations and retreat venues in Portugal and Spain.
Recognized by Unesco as a World heritage site, the romantic village of Sintra, nested in the hills of the Natural Park, is one of the finer Portuguese gems. Due to the mild temperatures in the summer, and the local microclimate it’s never too hot, and from centuries ago has been chosen as the summer residence of the Portuguese royalty, nobles and many writers and poets.
Pine Tree Residence
Hidden around the pine trees, in a quiet and peaceful setting overlooking the Atlantic Ocean lies Pine Tree Residence, a renewed family house with swimming pool, tennis court, gym and beautiful gardens. There is even a fireplace to create a unique atmosphere to warm up the group’s evening gatherings.
Just a few steps away from the house lie some of Sintra’s most desert beaches, allowing you and your group to fall asleep with a fresh ocean breeze and the music of the waves.
One of the highlights of this house is the beautiful yoga and dining room with huge glass windows that offer an astonishing view of the nature that surrounds the house: the perfect place for the group activities!
From hiking on the cliffs near the ocean or immersing in the excellent mountain bike trails in the Sintra forest, to surfing on one of the most consistent beaches around Lisbon area, Praia Grande. And for those who like horse riding an equestrian center is also available not far from the house. If time allows we recommend a tour to nearby Lisbon, Cascais or even the town of Ericeira, all of which are around 40min by car.
- Sintra UNESCO World Heritage and amazing Natural Park (20 min drive)
- Beautiful clean and natural beaches, perfect for surfing
- Hiking trails along the Atlantic cliffs and on Sintra Natural park
- Mild summer temperatures (between 21-25ºC, rarely above)
- Peaceful location, surrounded by nature, with beautiful garden and ocean view
- Just 45 min from Lisbon airport, with Lisboa city center, Cascais and Ericeira a short drive away
Due to its untouched nature, the southwest coast of Portugal is one of its most peaceful and beautiful secrets. Least known to tourists, life in the Alentejo runs at a slower pace, allowing visitors to enjoy secluded golden sandy beaches, hidden waterfalls, incredible hiking trails and much more.
River View Resort
The focus on comfort, tranquility and art are what makes River View Resort such an exceptional location. A family-run project, this venue has the ideal location, between the deep blue ocean, shimmering river and picturesque mountains. With an incredible attention to detail, the beautiful architecture and decoration of the rooms truly reflect the owner’s passion and pride for Portugal and its traditions. Be it from the infinity pool, the yoga deck or the outdoor dining area – when looking at the river curving through the forest, time just always seems to stand still.
- Max. 22 people
- Secluded location surrounded by forest and fields
- Infinity pool
- Yoga deck and chill-out area with a view
- Beaches at 15 minutes by car
- Traditional Portuguese design and architecture
Cork Tree Resort
Located in the heart of the Vicentine Nature Park, Cork Tree Resort offers a peaceful and calm accommodation for nature lovers. Here, every room is decorated individually inspired by traditional Portuguese architecture. What makes this venue particularly special is its equestrian centre, that is highly experienced in arranging outstanding horse-riding trips along the woods or through flower covered fields. The combination of the magnificent surroundings, the warm and welcoming atmosphere and the love for Portuguese traditions in music, food and architecture makes this place an ideal retreat location all year round.
- Max. 24 people
- Experienced equestrian center on the estate
- In the heart of the Vicentine Nature Park
- Impressive hiking route to the nearby mountain
- Traditional design and unique architecture
- Live Fado music evenings with the owners
Aivados Beach House
Available for July and August, Aivados Beach House has a fresh and laid-back vibe. Surrounded by nature, a dramatic coastline for hiking and the glittering waves of the Atlantic Ocean, this is where real summer feelings are born. Plenty of surf, sunsets, volleyball and barbeques makes this place easy to love and also hard to leave
- Max. 14 people
- 20 minute walk to the beach
- Surf lessons at one of the most renowned schools
- Rota Vicentina Hiking guided trails nearby
- Volleyball court
Our second summer residence is at a 30 minutes walking distance from one of the best beaches of the region. Its warm, modern interior, a range of chill-out areas and the a brand new swimming pool create the perfect relaxed environment for a smaller group to enjoy quality time together.
- Max. 14 people
- Walk to the beach
- Great opportunities to learn surfing
- Horse-riding trips along the coastline
- Hikes with ocean views
- Wooden Yoga deck
- Renovated pool with view of the fields
São Miguel Island, Azores
National Geographic Traveler elected the Azorean archipelago as the most beautiful place in the world. We agree. Explore the trails, hilly slopes, volcanic activity, local culture and food. Enjoy a swim or a surf class in the crystal clear subtropical waters at the heart of the Atlantic Ocean.
At this charming estate close to the capital of the Azores, sustainability is at the core of everything. By living and breathing commitment to the environment and their community, Eco farm has created a unique and versatile space that makes it perfect for retreats. Its caring vibe, beautiful gardens and natural swimming pond provide just the right feel good factor.
- Max. 18 people
- 10 super comfortable double rooms
- Beautiful gardens
- Outside dinning with barbecue
- Natural swimming pool
- Greenhouse yoga
- Grows own vegetables
- International certification in sustainable lodging
Ocean View Spa
On the awe-inspiring island of São Miguel, one can find one of our premium picks, the luxurious Ocean View Spa. Where elegant design blends with natural open space, green hills and the ocean’s blue waters. With its extraordinary service and comfort, an outdoor Jacuzzi and spectacular views, it offers the perfect place for an intimate getaway with your group.
- Max. 40 participants
- Beachfront 4* resort
- Astonishing outdoor pool with view of the Atlantic
- Direct access to the beach
- Uniquely built and decorated rooms with attention to sustainable material
- Whale watching, fishing, diving
- Nearest airport: Ponta Delgada (PDL)
Deep inside the Galician forest, embodying the attributes of the ancient Celtic culture, and with perfect harmony with the surrounding nature, lies Finca Pacifica, a welcoming farm cottage.
Finca Pacifica is much more than just accommodation. It is our first (and very special) venue in Spain. A spacious rural complex with romantic architecture, happy animals, and all types of outdoor and indoor recreational space. No doubt, this is where luxury meets rural and new adventures meets warm familiarity. With amazing star-lit skies and barbeques on clear summer nights, as well as the warmth of a cozy fireplace in the mild Spanish winter – this place shines with beauty all year round!
- Max. 24 people
- Wonderful cottage with small river and lake
- Carefully decorated
- Home grown vegetables
- Cows and horses wander free
- SUP available with paddle court
- nearest airports: Vigo, Porto and Santiago
Sail & Sea, Portugal
Hoist the sails with your group on a Portuguese four-masted schooner, built in 1937. White Fleet and is now fully renovated with excellent conditions for the new and adventurous retreat experience!
Feel the fresh Atlantic wind on your face, just like the brave ancient Portuguese sailors did five centuries ago, as you set sail down the Portuguese coast and islands with your group, setting anchor at the most beautiful places. There, you will be able to explore, hike and stretch in the nature and swim in the clearest waters, before returning to the stable sail ship and enjoying the dinner and a good night’s sleep in our comfortable cabins as you sail away to the next stop.
- Max. 22 people
- Daily yoga classes on the large deck
- Plenty of free time to explore the islands, dive, go kayaking or stand up paddling
- A warm and friendly crew will make your week a unique sailing experience
- Spot whales and dolphins as we sail
- Experience open sea sailing, with star gazing and sunset meditation
Excited to find out more?